Joy is an emotion of happiness, bliss, delight and excitement when you are doing something that truly makes you happy.
- Are you crossing off all of your goals on your to-do list? Do you still feel overwhelmed?
- Do you need to find your joy?
- Were you so ready for the New Year and now that it is February you are fatigued and mentally drained?
- Do you feel like you don’t have enough time for your self-care due to school, work, procrastination or lack of knowledge?
- Are you an aspiring entrepreneur and you feel like you don’t know where to start or you don’t want to take leap of faith to focus solely on your self-care because of your full time job? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then, you are in the right place.
I am here to assist you with finding the joy in practicing self-care when it comes to you and your business endeavors. They say, “THE GRIND NEVER STOPS!” To some extent, that is true because of the strenuous work. You will persistently put in to reap the rewards, benefits and financial stability that comes when you own your own business. However, self-care is essential in order to continuously create. Make sure you take time and give your mind a break. #MentalHealthMatters
[Some entrepreneurs go to Starbucks, Barnes and Nobles or the library to get thing done. While other entrepreneurs may listen to inspirational podcasts, write a list of goals and read books until they feel like they are ready to move forward in their business. Moreover, getting the time to rejuvenate is essential.]
1. Vacation: Take A Trip A vacation is always rejuvenating. It is a refreshing way to conclude and reflect on the previous week in your life or business. A change of scenery is always invigorating and relaxing. Traveling allows you to embrace new cultures, possibly learn a new language, and meet new people. Most importantly, taking a vacation allows you to explore a part of the world you may have never known existed. If a vacation is out of your budget try going to a local pool, taking a walk in the park or going to a new city that you have never been to before.
2. Find A New Creative Hobby: Painting If traveling is something that you frequently participate in try painting or cooking classes! In Atlanta, there is a painting center called Sips and Strokes! It is a fun place that teaches you how to paint step by step while eating food and drinking a beverage of your choice.
3. Relax, Release and Rejuvenate: Enjoy A Book on the Beach. Put your phone down and pick up a book! Reading puts your mind in a new world! Take a book on the beach and just relax.
4. Reflect and Release: Write your pain away. Do you have a journal? Do you have a planner to keep yourself organized? If not, these are essential things to keep your joy in 2018.
Your planner and journal will allow you to reflect and write your wins for the week. Keep your wins in a jar and every three months you should take them out of the jar to read them.
If you are having a bad week write about it read it to yourself and rip it up! You are probably wondering why you would be tearing the paper up right? When you tear the paper up it is no longer here. It is an act of letting go of the past.
Name: Chynna Miley
(IG & Twitter): @ChynnaCM
Reading List: Chynna's Reading List
Bio: Chynna Miley, an Atlanta, Georgia native, is a University of Oregon graduate who obtained her Bachelors of Education degree in Family and Human Services. She is currently attending graduate school in the Student Affairs and Higher Education Master’s Program. She is the Lead Event Stylist of Events by CCM, and the Creator of Connecting Curlfriends!